Leadership WA Key Note by Atomic Sky Owner
WHAT MAKES A GREAT LEADER?
Sharing views of leadership traits that standout in successful global companies was the topic of Atomic Sky Managing Partner Peter Rossdeutschers' talk to The WA Leaders Executive Alumni audience.
Speaking to a room of senior Executives and business Owners, he discussed learnings from leadership experiences. Peter has been fortunate to work with organisations of different cultures in roles such as Managing Director of Asia for a Fortune 100 Company, Chair of a global Consulting Group based in Europe, Non-Executive Director of numerous large organisations based in Australia and Asia.
In each organisation there were exceptional leaders and many traits in common.
The talk closed with this list of traits that he values most in leaders in his capacity as a Professional Non-Executive Director;
* MAKE MEANING - with passion & clarity through a strategic vision
* BUILD TRUST - consistent role models of integrity & respect
* LEAD - listen then take the responsibility to decide & communicate
* EMPOWER - well-structured delegation of real decision making
* DIVERSITY - diversity lowers risk & lifts opportunity scanning
* GIVING BACK - they teach, mentor and open networks to pay it forward